10 October Current Affairs Today News Headlines –
1. Accountants General Conference
- President Kovind has inaugurated the 29th Accountants General Conference in New Delhi.
- Theme :- ‘Auditing and Accounting in a Digital Era’.
2. Closure of various companies
- Cabinet has approved the closure of following companies
- 1. National Jute Manufactures Corporation Ltd.
- 2. Birds Jute & Exports Ltd.
- 3. Biecco Lawrie Limited.
3. Indian Institutes of Science Education & Research (IISERs)
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) will be established at Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh) and Berhampur (Odisha).
- The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research are a group of premier science education and research institutes in India.
4. Sovereign Gold Bonds 2018-19
- Centre with RBI has decided to issue Sovereign Gold Bonds 2018-19 every month from October to February 2019.
- SGBs are government securities denominated in grams of gold. They are substitutes for holding physical gold. Investors have to pay the issue price in cash and the bonds will be redeemed in cash on maturity. The Bond is issued by Reserve Bank on behalf of Government of India.
5. Iconic ‘Glow of Hope’ painting
- Geeta Upalekar has passed away in Kolhapur, Maharashtra.
- She was portrayed in the painting called ‘Glow of Hope’ by her father and was popularly known as the ‘Woman with the Lamp’.
1. Ghauri ballistic missile
- Pakistan has tested Ghauri ballistic missile successfully.
- The missile is capable of carrying both conventional and nuclear warheads up to a distance of 1,300 kilometers, bringing many Indian cities under its range.
- The launch was conducted by Army Strategic Forces Command
2. Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference of India Region
- Sumitra Mahajan has inaugurated Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference of India Region for Zone III in Guwahati.
- Sumitra Mahajan is an Indian politician who is the Speaker of the 16th Lok Sabha. She belongs to Bharatiya Janata Party. In 2014, she got elected to the Lok Sabha for the eighth time, one of three members of the 16th Lok Sabha to do so, and is currently the longest-serving woman member.
3. Annual Travel Awards
- The 14th Hospitality India and Explore the World Annual International Travel Awards 2018 was held in New Delhi.
- Nepal has won the tourism award.
- Chandragiri Hills Limited, Nepal has got the best tourism destination of Nepal award.
4. Nikki Haley has resigned
- US Ambassador to United Nations Nikki Haley has resigned.
- She is a Republican, she served as the 116th Governor of South Carolina, and is a former member of the South Carolina House of Representatives.
1. Merger of NCVT and NSDA to establish NCVET
- Cabinet has approved the merger of National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) and National Skill Development Agency (NSDA) into the National Council for Vocational Education and Training (NCVET).
- NCVET will regulate the functioning of entities engaged in vocational education and training with long-term and short-term and will installed minimum standards for the functioning of such entities.
2. India’s Projected Growth
- Acc. to IMF, India’s Projected Growth is at 7.3% In 2018 and 7.4% In 2019.
- International Monetary Fund’s MD :-Christine Lagarde || Headquarters in- Washington DC, USA.
3. Google+ to be shut down
- Google will shut down Google+ for consumer use for the next 10 months.
- This is due to the security lapse after a bug exposed the personal data of around 5 lakh users.
4. World’s most powerful passport
- Japan’s passport has been named the most powerful in the world.
- Last year it was Singapore’s passport.
- Indian passport is at 81st rank with visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to 60 destinations.
1. 1st Indian woman to win gold at Youth Olympics
- Shooter Manu Bhaker has become first Indian woman to win Gold Medal at Youth Olympics.
- Weightlifter Jeremy Lalrinnunga has become the first Indian to win Youth Olympics gold Medal.
2. Premier Badminton League
- Premier Badminton League is a franchise league; Sportz & Live Private Limited has the rights to operate and execute the Premier Badminton League. It was named Indian Badminton League when founded in 2013 then later rechristened to Premier Badminton League before the start of 2nd season in 2016.
- Sponsor: Vodafone || Founded: 2013 || Number of teams: 8 || Current champions: Hyderabad Hunters
- Saina Nehwal, PV Sindhu, and Kidambi Srikanth all auctioned for ₹80 lakh at PBL 2018 auction.
3. Badminton Asia Junior U-17 and U-15 championships
- Meghana Reddy and Tasnim Mir won the Under-15 girls doubles title at Mandalay, Myanmar.
- India won 1 gold and 4 bronze medals.