12 October Current Affairs Today News Headlines –
- World Mental Health Day is observed on 10 October every
- Theme: “suicide prevention”
- Moody’s Investors Service slashed its 2019-20 GDP growth forecast for
India to 5.8 percent from 6.2 per cent earlier.
- The projection is lower than 6.1 per cent that the Reserve Bank of India
(RBI) had forecast just last week.
- Singapore will become the first country in the world to ban advertisements
for the most unhealthy sugary drinks.
- The health ministry called the ban as its latest move to combat rising
- Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal will attend the 9th Regional
Comprehensive Economic Partnership, RCEP Intersessional
Ministerial meeting in Bangkok, Thailand.
- The Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) is a
proposed free trade agreement (FTA) between the ten member states
of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and its six FTA
- Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Dr Harsh Vardhan along with
several State Health Minister launched Surakshit Matritva Aashwasan, SUMAN,
initiative in New Delhi.
- The initiative aims at ensuring dignified, respectful and quality health care at no
cost and zero tolerance for denial of services for every woman and newborn
visiting the public health facility in order to end all preventable maternal and
- The Children’s agency of the United Nations, known as UNICEF, has now
become the first UN organization to hold and make transactions in
- The UN Children’s agency has established UNICEF Cryptocurrency Fund,
making UNICEF able to receive, hold and disburse donations via
- The Carpet Export Promotion Council (CEPC) is organizing the 38th India
Carpet Expo (15th in Varanasi) from 11th- 14th October 2019 in
Sampurnanand Sanskrit University Ground in Varanasi.
- Indian handmade carpet industry is number one in the international
handmade carpet market both in terms of value and volume.
- The first-of-its-kind ‘Garbage Cafe’ commenced in Ambikapur city of
- In this unique Cafe’, poor people and rag pickers will get free food in
exchange for one kilogram of plastic, while breakfast will be provided
if half a kilogram of plastic is brought to the cafe.
- The Reserve Bank of India has given its final nod to the Kerala Government for the
formation of the Kerala Bank.
- Kerala Bank would be formed amalgamating the 13 District Co-operative Banks
(DCBs) with Kerala State Co-operative Bank.
- The 2019 Nobel Prize in Literature has been announced along with the 2018 Prize.
- Austrian author Peter Handke has won the 2019 Prize while Polish writer Olga
Tokarczuk has received the 2018 Prize.
- International Day of the Girl Child is an important observance
held every year on October 11.
- Theme : GirlForce: Unscripted and unstoppable