1. 3-member panel to oversee bifurcation of J&K
- Government of India has set up a three-member panel to oversee the bifurcation of Jammu and Kashmir into two Union Territories.
- The committee headed by Former Defence Secretary Sanjay Mitra.
- The Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Act, 2019 is an act of the Parliament of India. It contains provisions to reconstitute the state of Jammu and Kashmir into two union territories, one to be eponymously called Jammu and Kashmir, and the other Ladakh. The act will come into effect on 31 October 2019.
- After abrogation of Article 370 and 35A, the Mini Conclave of First Jammu and Kashmir Investor Summit-2019 is held in Leh.
2. Jal Jeevan Mission
- Government of India will spend 3.5 lakh crore rupees in the next five years on ‘Jal Jeevan Mission’ to deliver potable water at every household by 2024.
- It involves saving water and delivering water at one’s doorstep.
- Jal Shakti Ministry is the apex body for formulation and administration of rules and regulations relating to the development and regulation of the water resources in India.
- Officeholders: Sanjeev Balyan (Minister of State), Vijay Goel (Minister of State), Gajendra Singh Shekhawat (Minister)
3. CHC Farm Machinery App
- Minister of State for Agriculture Parshottam Rupala has launched a multilingual Mobile App ‘CHC Farm Machinery’.
- With this App, Farmers can get affordable access to cutting-edge technology at their doorsteps.
- The App connects the farmers with Custom Hiring Service Centers in a radius of 50 km.
4. Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana
- PM Narendra Modi has launched Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana in Ranchi Jharkhand.
- A minimum pension of ₹3,000 per month, to those who attain 60 years of age.
1. World Energy Congress
- The 24th edition World Energy Congress was held in Abu Dhabi.
- Theme: ‘Energy for Prosperity’.
- It was organised under the patronage of Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of UAE.
2. First conference on military medicine for SCO
- The first conference on military medicine for Shanghai Cooperation Organisation member states will be held in Delhi.
- SCO Headquarters: Beijing, China || SCO Established: 26 April 1996.
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation, or Shanghai Pact, is a Eurasian political, economic, and security alliance, the creation of which was announced on 15 June 2001 in Shanghai, China
- Secretary General: Vladimir Norov
- Founders: China, Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan
- India and Pakistan joined SCO as full members on 9 June 2017 at a summit in Astana, Kazakhstan.
3. Prime Minister of St. Vincent and Grenadines in India
- Prime Minister of St. Vincent and Grenadines Dr. Ralph EverardGonsalves has arrived for his first ever visit to India.
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines is a southern Caribbean nation comprising a main island, St. Vincent, and a chain of smaller islands.
- Capital: Kingstown || Currency: Eastern Caribbean dollar.
4. South Asia’s first cross-border Petroleum Products Pipeline
- PM Narendra Modi and his Nepal counterpart KP Sharma Oli have jointly inaugurated South Asia’s first cross-border Petroleum Products Pipeline from Motihari in Bihar to Amlekhgunj in Nepal.
- Capital: Kathmandu || Currency: Nepalese rupee || Prime minister: KP Sharma Oli || President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari.
1. IPPB to roll out AePS
- India Post Payments Bank will rollout of Aadhaar Enabled Payment System Services (AePS).
- India Post Payments Bank is a 100% government owned payments bank operating under the Department of Posts, Ministry of Communications, which aims to utilize all of India’s 155,015 post offices as access points and 3 lakh postal postmen and Grameen Dak Sewaks to provide house to house banking services.
- Managing Director & CEO of IPPB: Suresh Sethi || Established: 1 September 2018 || Headquarters location: New Delhi
- AePS empowers a bank customer to use Aadhaar as identity to access respective Aadhaar enabled bank account and perform basic banking transactions like cash withdrawal, intrabank or interbank fund transfer and balance enquiry.
2. New MD of Microsoft India (R&D)
- Rajiv Kumar has been appointed as the new managing director of Microsoft India Research and Development Pvt Ltd replacing Anil Bhansali.
- Microsoft India Private Limited is a subsidiary of American software company Microsoft Corporation, headquartered in Hyderabad, India.
- Microsoft India: Headquarters: Hyderabad || Parent organization: Microsoft Corporation || Key person: Bhaskar Pramanik (Chairman)
3. Recapitalisation of Public Sector General Insurance Firms
- Department of Financial Services has approved the Rs 12,000 crore capital infusion plan in National Insurance, Oriental Insurance and United India Insurance.
- Aim: To boost their capital base and meet regulatory norms.
- The Department of Financial Services covers Banks, Insurance and Financial Services provided by various government agencies and private corporations. It also covers pension reforms and Industrial Finance and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise. It started the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana.
4. Jack Ma steps down
- Alibaba’s Co-founder Jack Ma has stepped down from his role as Chairman.
- Jack Ma is a Chinese business magnate, investor, politician and philanthropist. He is the co-founder and executive chair of Alibaba Group, a multinational technology conglomerate. Ma is a strong proponent of an open and market-driven economy.
- Alibaba Group Holding Limited is a Chinese multinational conglomerate holding company specializing in e-commerce, retail, Internet, and technology.
- CEO: Daniel Zhang || Founded: 4 April 1999, Hangzhou, China
- Alibaba is the world’s fourth-largest internet company by revenue.
5. Niti Aayog with McKinsey & Company
- Niti Aayog has partnered with McKinsey & Company to launch first Digital Capability Centre in India.
- Aim: To provide a test bed for emerging innovations.
- McKinsey & Company is an American worldwide management consulting firm. McKinsey has published the McKinsey Quarterly since 1964, funds the McKinsey Global Institute research organization, publishes reports on management topics, and has authored influential books on management.
- McKinsey & Company’s Global Managing Partner: Kevin Sneader
1. Paralympic Committee of India
- Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has derecognised Paralympic Committee of India for violating the National Sports Development Code of India, 2011.
- The Paralympic Committee of India is the body responsible for selecting athletes to represent India at the Paralympic Games and other international athletic meets and for managing the Indian teams at the events. The organisation was founded in 1992 as the Physically Handicapped Sports Federation of India.
- The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports is a branch of the Government of India, which administers Department of youth affairs and Department of Sports in India. Kiren Rijiju is the current Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports, who is in the capacity of Minister of State.
- Officeholder: Kiren Rijiju (MOS independent charge) || Jurisdiction: India
2. World’s Highest Marathon
- The 8th edition of Ladakh Marathon which is known as the highest marathon in the world, was held in Leh.
- Leh, a high-desert city in the Himalayas, is the capital of the Leh region in northern India’s Jammu and Kashmir state.