13 October Current Affairs Today News Headlines –
- World Arthritis Day is observed every year on 12 October.
- The day is meant to raise awareness about arthritis, a condition that is characterised by inflammation in
bones and joints.
- World Arthritis Day is meant to educate people about problems faced by people with arthritis, how the
condition affects their day-to-day lives and what can be done for treatment and prevention of arthritis.
- World Migratory Bird Day (WMBD) is an annual awareness day observed every year on 12 October.
- The aim of this day is to highlight the need for the conservation of migratory birds and their habitats.
- It has a global outreach and is an effective tool to help raise global awareness of the threats faced by
migratory birds, their ecological importance, and the need for international cooperation to conserve them.
- Theme: ‘Protect Birds: Be the Solution to Plastic Pollution’
- Dubai prepares to host the 2019 First Global DXB Challenge, a large gathering for creative young minds in the fields of robotics and artificial intelligence.
- The event will bring together more than 1,500 youth from over 191 countries to collaborate, create and
compete for a better future.
- The First Global Challenge seeks to encourage and empower youth with a passion for science, technology,
engineering, and mathematics, develop their skills and equip them with the tools necessary to contribute
to shaping the future.
- The Challenge aims to address the world’s most critical environmental issues such as wastage of water
and energy, sustainability and pollution through global robotics competition.
- India jumped two levels to 7th position in the Brand Finance Nation ranking of 2019.
- Government e-Marketplace (GeM) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Union Bank of India (UBI).
- India and Asian Development Bank, ADB have signed 190 million dollar loan agreement for improving road connectivity in Rajasthan.
- Skipper Virat Kohli scored his seventh double ton and he now has the most number of 200 plus scores for an Indian batsman.
- Six-time champion M C Mary Kom settled for a bronze medal in the World Women’s Boxing Championships after losing to Turkey’s Busenaz Cakiroglu in an intense semifinal bout at Ulan Ude in Russia.
- Kenya’s Eliud Kipchoge has successfully completed the first-ever marathon under two hours in the Austrian capital of Vienna.