1. Indian Railways’ first Fun Zone
- Indian Railways’ first Fun Zone has been set up at Visakhapatnam Railway Station.
- Indian Railways: Founded: May 8, 1845 || Headquarters: New Delhi || Minister of Railways: Piyush Goyal.
2. Gurugram Police with Google
- Gurugram Traffic Police has tied up with Google Maps for real-time traffic updates for public use.
- Google Maps is a web mapping service developed by Google. It offers satellite imagery, aerial photography, street maps, 360° panoramic views of streets, real-time traffic conditions, and route planning for traveling by foot, car, bicycle and air, or public transportation.
3. Aurangabad Industrial City (AURIC)
- Aurangabad Industrial City (AURIC) is India’s first greenfield industrial smart city.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated Aurangabad Industrial City (AURIC).
4. Sarala Puraskar
- Odia writer Pradeep Dash will be conferred with 40th edition of Sarala Puraskar for his poetry work Charu Chibar O Charjya.
- Annual literary award for Odia writers- The ‘Sarala Puraskar’ — instituted by eminent Odia industrialist late Dr Bansidhar Panda.
5. Mukhya Mantri Dal Poshit Yojana
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat has launched ‘Mukhya Mantri Dal Poshit Yojana’ Scheme.
- a subsidy of Rs.15 per kilogram on variety of pulses.
1. United Nations General Assembly
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) session on September 27.
- The United Nations General Assembly is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations, the only one in which all member nations have equal representation, and the main deliberative, policy-making, and representative organ of the UN.
- President: María Fernanda Espinosa || Headquarters: New York.
2. Asian Achievers Awards 2019
- The 19th Annual Asian Achievers Awards 2019 was held in London.
- Vedanta Resources chairman, Anil Agarwal was honoured with a lifetime achievement award at 19th Annual Asian Achievers Awards 2019.
- London Deputy Mayor, Rajesh Agrawal has received the Editor’s Award 2019 for Public Services.
- BBC News Economics Editor Faisal Islam was selected for the media achievement award.
- Asian Achievers Awards 2019 were published by Asian Business Publications Ltd.
- Asian Business Publications Ltd (ABPL) has been publishing Gujarat Samachar and Asian Voice in the UK since 1972, during which time we have always striven to put the needs of our community first. In over 43 years of continuous campaigning, we’ve managed to build an intimate trust with our readers and advertisers.
3. United Nations Day For South-South Cooperation
- United Nations Day For South-South Cooperation was observed on 12th September.
- South-South cooperation is a manifestation of solidarity among peoples and countries of the South that contributes to their national well-being, their national and collective self-reliance and the attainment of internationally agreed development goals, including the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- South-South cooperation is accelerating progress towards the implementation and achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
4. Global Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) Research and Development Hub
- India has become new member of Global Antimicrobial Resistance Research and Development Hub.
- The Global Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) Research and Development (R&D) Hub was launched in May 2018, following a call from G20 Leaders to address challenges and improve coordination and collaboration in global AMR R&D using the One Health approach.
- The Global AMR R&D Hub will support global priority setting and evidence-based decision-making on the allocation of resources for AMR R&D through the identification of gaps, overlaps and potential for cross-sectoral collaboration and leveraging in AMR R&D.
- It is a global partnership currently consisting of 15 countries, the European Commission and two philanthropic foundations.
5. Thessaloniki International Fair
- The 84th edition of Thessaloniki International Fair (TIF) was held in Thessaloniki, Greece.
- India was the honoured country for the 84th TIF in 2019.
- Indian delegation was led by Minister of State (MoS) for Commerce and Industry, Hardeep Singh Puri at the Event.
1. Asian Development Bank with Maharashtra Government
- Asian Development Bank has approved $200 million loans to Maharashtra for rural road projects.
- Maharashtra: Chief Minister: Devendra Fadnavis || Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- ADB: Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Manila, Philippines || President: Takehiko Nakao || Founded: 19 December 1966 || Membership: 68 countries
2. IDBI Bank with LIC
- IDBI Bank will launch co-branded credit card with LIC
- It will be in association with LIC’s wholly-owned subsidiary, LIC Credit Cards Services.
- Industrial Development Bank of India was established in 1964 by an Act to provide credit and other financial facilities for the development of the fledgling Indian industry. Initially it operated as a subsidiary of Reserve Bank of India RBI transferred it to GOI.
3. Pulathisi Express, a ‘Make In India’ Train
- Sri Lanka has flagged off Pulathisi Express Train from Colombo Fort Railway station to Polonnaruwa which is a newly ‘Make In India’ train rake.
- Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte || Currency: Sri Lankan rupee || Prime minister: Ranil Wickremesinghe
4. Convention on Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- The 22nd Session of UN Committee on Convention on Rights of Persons with Disabilities was held at Geneva.
- Secretory of Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities of India Shakuntala D. Gamlin led the Indian Delegation.
1. South Africa’s interim batting coach
- Former Indian cricketer Amol Muzumdar has been appointed as South Africa’s Interim Batting Coach.
- The South African national cricket team also known as Proteas, is administered by Cricket South Africa. South Africa is a full member of the International Cricket Council with Test, One-Day International and Twenty20 International status.
- Captain: Faf du Plessis || Coach: Ottis Gibson
2. Asia Pacific Golf Hall of Fame
- Hero MotoCorp CMD Pawan Munjal will be inducted to Asia Pacific Golf Hall of Fame 2019 for his support to Golf in India.
- The most successful Indian golfers are Jeev Milkha Singh and Anirban Lahiri. Singh won three titles on the European Tour, four on the Japan Golf Tour, and six on the Asian Tour.