16 October Current Affairs Today News Headlines –
- India jumped two levels to 7th position in the Brand Finance Nation ranking of 2019.
- The list was topped by the United States of America (USA) with 7.2% growth in brand value to $27,751 bn.
- The Indian government had earlier proposed a special green-coloured number plate for
all-electric vehicles in the country.
- The Central government has now asked the state transport departments to make it
mandatory for all EVs to use the green number plates.
- The special number plate is supposed to have the vehicle number spelt out in white
colour on a green background.
- The Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Shri Prakash Javadekar
Minister informed that the country will shift to BS-VI vehicular emission norms from BS-IV by April 2020.
- Noted director and producer Priyadarshan was conferred the Madhya Pradesh government’s National Kishore Kumar Samman for 2018-19.
- The award, instituted by MP Department of Culture, carries a cash prize of Rs 2 lakh and a citation.
- Retail inflation spiked to 3.99 per cent in September this year mainly due to higher prices of food items.
- Government data showed that the consumer price index (CPI) based inflation was registered at 3.28 per cent in August this year.
- Also, Wholesale inflation eased to more than three-year low of 0.33 per cent in September this year mainly due to falling prices of fuel and certain food articles.
- In Boxing, Asian Champion Amit Panghal became the first Indian to make the finals of the World Men’s Championship.
- Military forces of India and Singapore got together to participate in a joint exercise ‘Bold
Kurukshetra 2019’ in Babina Cantonment in Jhansi.