1. Mukhyamantri Dal Poshit Yojana
- Uttarakhand CN Trivendra Singh Rawat has launched Mukhyamantri Dal Poshit Yojana with an objective to provide low priced pulses.
- Uttarakhand Governor: Baby Rani Maurya.
2. Ayush Health and Wellness Centres
- Government of India will set-up 12500 Ayush Health and Wellness Centres across the country.
- It was announced by Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy Minister Shripad Yesso Naik during the inauguration of a Unani Medical Centre and Siddha Clinical Research Unit.
3. Jan Soochna Portal-2019
- Rajasthan Government has launched ‘Jan Soochna Portal-2019’ to empower the common people with access to useful information.
- Jan Soochna Portal-2019 is a public information portal to provide information about Government Authorities and Departments to the public in the spirit of Right To Information Act (Section 4(2) of the RTI Act).
4. Government e-Marketplace with Punjab Government
- Government e-Marketplace (GeM) and Punjab State Government have signed an MoU to set up a GeM Organizational Transformation Team (GOTT) Project Management Unit (PMU) in the state.
- Government e-Marketplace (GeM) is a one stop portal to facilitate online procurement of common use Goods & Services required by various Government Departments / Organizations / PSUs. GeM aims to enhance transparency, efficiency and speed in public procurement.
1. International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer
- September 16 was designated by the United Nations General Assembly as the International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer.
- This designation had been made on December 19, 2000, in commemoration of the date, in 1987, on which nations signed the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer.
- Theme: ’32 years and healing’.
2. ‘Howdy, Modi’ Event
- US President Donald Trump will join PM Narendra Modi to address Indian-Americans at the ‘Howdy, Modi’ event in Houston.
- Donald John Trump is the 45th and current president of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.
3. Southeast Asia’s Largest Solar Power Farm
- Vietnam has installed Southeast Asia’s largest solar power farm ‘Dau Tieng Solar Power Complex’ with a capacity to produce 688 million kWh of electricity annually.
- President of Vietnam: Nguyen PhuTrong || Vietnam Capital: Hanoi || Currency: Vietnamese dong.
4. UNESCO to publish anthology of Guru Nanak Dev
- UNESCO will translate and publish an anthology of the writings of Guru Nanak Dev in world languages to mark his 550th birth anniversary.
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations based in Paris, France.
- Headquarters: Paris, France || Head: Audrey Azoulay || Founded: 16 November 1945, London, United Kingdom
1. Managing committee of Indian Banks’ Association
- Karnataka Bank chief Mahabaleshwara MS has been inducted to the Managing committee of Indian Banks’ Association.
- Indian Banks’ Association, formed on 26 September 1946 as a representative body of management of banking in India operating in India – an association of Indian banks and financial institutions based in Mumbai.
- Chairman of Indian Banks’ Association: Sunil Mehta.
2. Confederation of Indian Industries with Ministry of Railways
- An MoU was signed between Ministry of Railways and Confederation of Indian Industries to foster Green Initiatives.
- The Confederation of Indian Industry is an industry association in India. CII is a non-government, not-for-profit, industry-led and industry-managed organization.
- President: Vikram Shreekant Kirloskar || Headquarters location: New Delhi || Founded: 1895
3. Aga Khan Architecture Award 2019
- An innovative project for constructing a floating school for marginalised children in Bangladesh has been awarded Aga Khan Architecture Award 2019.
- The Aga Khan Award for Architecture (AKAA) is an architectural prize established by Aga Khan IV in 1977.
- It aims to identify and reward architectural concepts that successfully address the needs and aspirations of Islamic societies in the fields of contemporary design, social housing, community development and improvement, restoration, reuse and area conservation, as well as landscape design and improvement of the environment.
- Other Winners
- Revitalization of Muharraq in Muharraq, Bahrain
- The Palestinian Museum in Birzeit, West Bank
- Public Spaces Development Programme in Republic of Tatarstan, Russia
- AliouneDiop University Teaching and Research Unit in Bambey, Senegal
- Wasit Wetland Centre in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
1. Rai Sports University in Sonepat
- Haryana Government has appointed cricketer Kapil Dev as the first Chancellor of Sports University, Rai Sonepat.
- Haryana: Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya || Chief minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
2. First woman to claim two hattricks
- Australian fast bowler Megan Schutt has become the first woman to claim two hattricks in ODI.
- Megan Schutt is an Australian cricketer who has played for the Australia national women’s cricket team since 2012. Domestically, she plays for the South Australian Scorpions, for whom she debuted in 2009.