1. Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorized Occupants) Amendment Bill, 2019
- Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorized Occupants) Amendment Bill, 2019 has come into the effect.
- The bill will facilitate smooth and speedy eviction of unauthorized occupants from Government residential accommodations.
- It will also ensure retrieval of these residential accommodations from unauthorized occupants.
2. India’s First Private Train
- India’s First Private Train Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will be flagged-off from Lucknow by UP CM Yogi Adityanath on October 4.
- It will be entirely run by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation.
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation is a subsidiary of the Indian Railways that handles the catering, tourism and online ticketing operations of the Indian railways, with around 5,50,000 to 6,00,000 bookings every day is the world’s second busiest and highest of 15 to 16 lakh tickets every day.
3. Online Service to adopt cows
- Madhya Pradesh Government will launch an online service to adopt cows for those who are wanting.
- Capital: Bhopal || Governor: Lalji Tandon || Chief minister: Kamal Nath
4. CBSE Teacher Awards
- Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has presented CBSE Teacher Awards–2018 to 34 teachers.
- He also launched CBSE’s portal ‘Vidyadhan’ on Diksha App.
- CBSE: Founded: 2011 || Chairperson: Anita Karwal, IAS || Headquarters location: New Delhi || Parent organisation: Ministry of Human Resource Development || Type of business: Governmental Board of Education.
1. Sharjah International Book Fair
- The 38th edition of the Sharjah International Book Fair (SIBF) will be organized in Sharjah.
- UNESCO has named Sharjah as the World Book Capital City for the year 2019.
- Theme: ‘Open Books, Open Minds’.
2. Trilateral Naval Exercise
- Trilateral Naval exercise involving Indian Navy, Republic of Singapore Navy and Royal Thailand Navy commenced at Port Blair.
- Singapore, an island city-state off southern Malaysia, is a global financial center with a tropical climate and multicultural population.
- Thailand: Prime minister: Prayut Chan-o-cha || Capital: Bangkok || Currency: Thai baht
3. UNWTO 2019 General Assembly
- UNWTO 2019 General Assembly was held in St.Petersburg, Russia.
- The General Assembly is the supreme organ of UNWTO. Its ordinary sessions are held every two years and is attended by delegates from UNWTO Full and Associate Members, as well as representatives from UNWTO Affiliate Members.
- The World Tourism Organization is the United Nations specialized agency responsible for the promotion of responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism.
- Headquarters location: Madrid, Spain || Founded: October 1975 || Area: Europe || Parent organization: United Nations Economic and Social Council || Formation: October 1975 || Heads: TalebRifai, Zurab Pololikashvili
1. NPCI to reduce Merchant Discount Rate
- NPCI will reduce Merchant Discount Rate on RuPay debit cards from October 20.
- MDR will be revised to 0.60% for transaction above ₹2,000 with a maximum cap of ₹150 per transaction.
- The merchant discount rate is the rate charged to a merchant for payment processing services on debit and credit card transactions.
- The merchant must set up this service and agree to the rate prior to accepting debit and credit cards as payment.
- The National Payments Corporation of India is an umbrella organisation for operating retail payments and settlement systems in India.
- Headquarters location: Mumbai || Founded: 2008
- Dilip Asbe is the MD & CEO of National Payments Corporation of India.
2. United Bank of India, Punjab National Bank and Oriental Bank of Commerce
- The amalgamation of United Bank of India, Punjab National Bank and Oriental Bank of Commerce will come into effect from 1st April 2020.
- The merged entity will be the second-largest public sector bank of India after SBI.
3. DRDO’s New-Generation Wargaming Software
- DRDO has handed over a New-Generation Wargaming Software to Indian Navy.
- New-Generation Wargaming Software developed by New Delhi-based Institute for Systems Studies and Analysis.
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation is an agency of the Government of India, charged with the military’s research and development, headquartered in New Delhi, India.
- Headquarters: New Delhi || Founded: 1958 || Minister responsible: Rajnath Singh, Minister of Defence || Agency executive: Dr G. Satheesh Reddy, Chairman, DRDO.
4. Press Secretary to President Ram Nath Kovind
- Journalist Ajay Kumar Singh has been appointed as Press Secretary to President Ram Nath Kovind.
- Ram Nath Kovind is an Indian politician currently serving as the 14th President of India, in office since 25 July 2017.
1. Basketball World Cup 2019
- Spain has defeated Argentina to win the Basketball World Cup 2019 held in Beijing, China.
- The next world cup will held in 2023 in Japan, Indonesia and the Philippines.
2. Myanmar International Series
- Indian shuttler Kaushal Dharmamer has won the Myanmar International Series defeating Karono Karono of Indonesia.
- Myanmar: Capital: Naypyitaw || Currency: Burmese kyat || President: Win Myint
3. Belgian International Badminton Title
- Lakshya Sen of India has won Belgian International Badminton Title defeating Victor Svendsen of Denmark.
- Lakshya Sen participated at the 2018 Summer Youth Olympics as the fourth seeded. He settled for boys’ singles silver medal after losing to Chinese player Li Shifeng in straight games 15–21, 19–21.