1. Electors Verification Programme
- The Election Commission has launched a ‘Electors Verification Programme’ across india.
- The Election Commission of India is an autonomous constitutional authority responsible for administering election processes in India.
- The Chief Election Commissioner heads the Election Commission of India, a body constitutionally empowered to conduct free and fair elections to the national and state legislatures and of President and Vice-President.
- Sunil Arora is the Chief Election Commissioner of India.
2. Rashtriya Poshan Maah
- September 2019 will be celebrated as the Rashtriya Poshan Maah.
- Theme: ‘Complementary Feeding’.
3. India’s First Garbage Cafe
- India’s first garbage cafe will be opened in Ambikapur, Chhattisgarh.
- Poor people and rag pickers will get free food in exchange for one kilogram of plastic.
- Chhattisgarh: CM: Bhupesh Baghel || Governor of Chhattisgarh: Anusuiya Uikey.
4. Foundation day of NCERT
- Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has inaugurated the 59th Foundation Day of NCERT in New Delhi.
- The National Council of Educational Research and Training is an autonomous organisation of the Government of India which was established on 1 September 1961 as a literary, scientific and charitable Society under the Societies’ Registration Act. Its headquarters are located at Sri Aurbindo Marg in New Delhi.
- Director: Dr.Hrushikesh Senapaty || Headquarters: New Delhi || President: Ramesh Pokhriyal || Founder: Government of India || Founded: 1961
1. COP-14 of United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification
- India will be hosting 14th session of Conference of Parties of United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification for the first time.
- The United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification in Those Countries Experiencing Serious Drought and/or Desertification.
- Particularly in Africa (UNCCD) is a Convention to combat desertification and mitigate the effects of drought through national action programs that incorporate long-term strategies supported by international cooperation and partnership arrangements.
- COP 14: New Delhi (India), 2 to 13 September 2019.
2. Postal stamp on Mahatma Gandhi by Dominican Republic
- Dominican Republic has released a postal stamp to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Capital: Santo Domingo || Currency: Dominican peso
3. World Safe Cities Index 2019
- 1. Tokyo
- 2. Singapore City
- 3. Osaka
- World Safe Cities Index 2019 is published by Economist Intelligence Unit which ranks 60 countries worldwide across five continents.
- Mumbai has been ranked at 45th position.
- Delhi has been ranked at 52nd position.
1. Biometric Seafarer Identity Document
- India has become first country in the world to issue Biometric Seafarer Identity Document.
- Biometric Seafarer Identity Document-BSID captures the facial biometric data of seafarers.
2. IRDAI’s Regulatory Sandbox Initiative
- IRDAI has set up a single point contact for its regulatory sandbox (RS) initiative.
- In Regulatory Sandbox, financial technology firms can seek permission to experiment with innovative approaches for the growth of Insurance Sector.
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India is an autonomous, statutory body tasked with regulating and promoting the insurance and re-insurance industries in India.
- Website: irdai.gov.in || Founded: 1999 || Sector: Insurance || Headquarters: Hyderabad || Type: Statutory corporation || Chairperson: Subhash Chandra Khuntia
3. Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology with Google
- Google and Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology have inked a Statement of Intent to induct ‘Build for Digital India’ programme.
- A Platform for engineering students to develop market-ready, technology-based solutions that address various social problems.
- Minister of Electronics and Information Technology: Ravi Shankar Prasad.
1. Cecil Wright retires at 85
- West Indies fast bowler Cecil Wright has announced his retirement at an age of 85 years.
- The West Indies cricket team is a multi-national men’s cricket team representing the Anglophone Caribbean region and administered by Cricket West Indies.
- Coach: Floyd Reifer || Location: West Indies || Test: 8th || Captains: Jason Holder, Carlos Brathwaite
2. Ajantha Mendis retires
- Sri Lanka spinner Ajantha Mendis has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket.
- The Sri Lanka national men’s cricket team, nicknamed The Lions, represents Sri Lanka in international cricket.
- Captain: Dimuth Karunaratne || Coach: Chandika Hathurusingha