21 October Current Affairs Today News Headlines –
National Current Affairs
- Ex Attorney General K Parasaran given the ‘Most Eminent Senior Citizen Award’ by Age Care India in New Delhi.
- Tamil Nadu CM K. Palaniswami conferred honorary doctorate by the Dr MGR Educational and Research Institute in Chennai.
- 14-day long India-Maldives joint military exercise ‘Ex EKUVERIN – 2019’ culminates in Pune.
Economy & Business Current Affairs
- ‘Bridgital Nation’, book written by N. Chandrasekaran and Roopa Purushottam, released
International Current Affairs
- Second World Statistics Day celebrated on October 20, theme: ‘Theme: Better Data, Better Lives’.
- Indian President unveils bust of Mahatma Gandhi at the Centre for Peace Education in Mi.riam college in Quezon City in Philippines.
- Union Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan attends G20 Health Ministers’ Meeting in Okayama City, Japan.
- Britain asks EU for Brexit delay beyond the current October 31 deadline, EU leaders to decide.
Sports Current Affairs
- 15th Airtel Delhi Half Marathon: Ethiopians Andamlak Belihu (men’s) and Tsehay Gemechu (women’s) win titles.
- Ajeetesh Sandhu wins Jeev Milkha Singh Invitational golf tournament in Chandigarh.
- Kuhoo Garg and Dhruv Rawat win the mixed doubles title at the Egypt International Badminton in Cairo.
- Wrestling legend Dadu Chougule dies in Kolhapur, Maharashtra at 73, was a recipient of the prestigious Dhyan Chand Award for lifetime achievement in sports.