29 October Current Affairs Today News Headlines –
● The National Cyber Security Coordinator’s office in partnership with Data Security
Council (DSCI) of India launched TechSagar – a platform to discover India’s
technological capability through a portal.
● The portal will list business and research entities from the IT industry, startups,
academia, and individual researchers.
● Karnataka was crowned the 2019-20 Vijay Hazare Champions as they beat Tamil
Nadu by nine wickets in the Vijay Hazare Trophy at Bengaluru.
● Abhimanyu Mithun and Mayank Agarwal put on a masterclass performance as
Karnataka won their fourth Vijay Hazare Trophy title with a dominant display
against Tamil Nadu via VJD method.
● Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satyapal Malik has been transferred to
● Mr Girish Chandra Murmu will be the new Lieutenant Governor of
Jammu and Kashmir while Radha Krishna Mathur has been
appointed Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh.
● President Kovind addressed the gathering at the 50th anniversary of
establishment of Vishwa Shanti Stupa (World Peace Pagoda) at Rajgir in Bihar.
● More than 300 Buddhist monks, devotees and delegates from Japan, Bhutan,
Nepal, Sri Lanka and other countries participated in the function.
● Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) celebrated its 58th foundation day on
24 October 2019.
● The ITBP force was raised in 1962 after increased Chinese aggression
along the north-eastern border of country.
● China will host the inaugural edition of the expanded 24-
team Club World Cup.
● The current Club World Cup features seven teams including
the holders of the UEFA Champions League.
● Abolishing the no-detention policy, the West Bengal government has
decided to bring back the ‘pass-fail’ system in classes five and eight from
the next academic session.
● The no-detention policy till class 8 had been adopted by West Bengal
government in 2010 amid protests from a section of teachers.
● Thakur Anup Singh, CMD, Marg ERP Limited has won prestigious ‘Udyog
Rattan Award’ from ‘Institute of Economic Studies’ for his exceptional work in
transforming how MSMEs can accelerate their business by using technology.
● The 19th Indo-Swedish Joint Commission for Economic, Industrial, and
Scientific Cooperation (JCEC) was held in Stockholm, Sweden.
● Commerce and Industry & Railways Minister, Piyush Goyal, participated in the
● B.R Sharma, a 1984 batch IAS officer of J&K cadre, appointed as
Chairman Staff Selection Commission (SSC).
● B.R Sharma has remained Chief Secretary of J&K and was presently
posted as Secretary in Ministry of Home Affairs and was handling
prestigious wing there.