1. New Governors Appointments
- Rajasthan: Kalraj Mishra
- Himachal Pradesh: Bandaru Dattatreya
- Telangana: Dr Soundararajan
- Kerala: Arif Mohammad Khan
- Maharashtra: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
2. Vice Chief of Army Staff
- Lieutenant General Manoj Mukund Naravane has been appointed as Vice Chief of the Indian Army.
- The Indian Army is the land-based branch and the largest component of Indian Armed Forces. The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Army, and it is commanded by the Chief of Army Staff, who is a four-star general.
- Chief of the Army Staff (COAS): General Bipin Rawat
3. Maharashtra: Lifeline Express
- Lifeline Express has been inaugurated at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus by the Central Railway.
- The Lifeline Express, or Jeevan Rekha Express, is a hospital train that runs in India that began in 1991. It was a collaboration between the Impact India Foundation, Indian Railways and the Health Ministry.
- The train is funded by IIF, international charitable sources, Indian corporations and individuals.
4. Director General of BSF
- Vivek Kumar Johri took charge as Director General Border Security Force replacing Rajni Kant Mishra.
- BSF: Headquarters: New Delhi || Established: 1 December 1965.
- The Border Security Force is the primary border defence organisation of India. It is one of the seven Central Armed Police Forces of India, and was raised in the wake of the 1965 War on 1 December 1965, “for ensuring the security of the borders of India and for matters connected there with”.
1. Global Goalkeeper Award 2019
- PM Modi will be presented with 2019 ‘Global Goalkeeper Award’ by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Modi will be honoured for his leadership of the Swachch Bharat Mission, which he had launched on October 2, 2014.
- 90 million toilets have been built to eliminate open defecation by October 2, 2019 and currently 98 per cent of India’s villages have rural sanitation coverage instead of 38 per cent four years ago.
2. Interpol General Assembly In 2022
- India proposes itself to host Interpol General Assembly in New Delhi in 2022.
- The International Criminal Police Organization, more commonly known as INTERPOL, is an international organization that facilitates worldwide police cooperation and crime control.
- Headquarters: Lyon, France || Governing body: INTERPOL General Assembly
- Kim Jong Yang as the President || Jürgen Stock as the Secretary General
3. Valerie Harper passes away
- Four Times Emmy Award-winning actress Valerie Harper passed away.
- Valerie Kathryn Harper was an American actress. She began her career as a dancer on Broadway, making her debut in the musical Take Me Along in 1959. Harper is best remembered for her role as Rhoda Morgenstern on The Mary Tyler Moore Show and its spin-off Rhoda.
4. US Federal Judge
- Indian-American Shireen Matthews was nominated as US Federal Judge
- Shireen Matthews is an American lawyer from California and is an announced nominee to be a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of California.
- President Trump announced his intent to nominate Matthews to serve as a United States District Judge for the United States District Court for the Southern District of California.
- In the United States, the title of federal judge means a judge appointed by the president of the United States and confirmed by the United States Senate pursuant to the Appointments Clause in Article II of the United States Constitution.
1. Anshula Kant resigns
- State bank of India Managing Director Anshula Kant has resigned from her post.
- She has been appointed as the managing director and chief financial officer of the World Bank.
- SBI Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar || Headquarters: Mumbai || Established: 1 July 1955.
2. Important Secretaries of India in various Ministries
- Defence : AJAY KUMAR
- Home : AJAY BHALLA
- Finance : RAJIV KUMAR
- Cabinet : RAJIV GAUBA
- Revenue : AJAY BHUSHAN PANDEY
- Economic affairs : ATANU CHAKRABORTY
- Telecom : ANSHU PRAKASH
- Power : SUBHASH CHANDRA GARG
- Foreign : VIJAY KESHAV GOKHALE
3. Book ‘A Short History of Indian Railways’
- Book ‘A Short History of Indian Railways’ has been penned by journalist and author Rajendra B Aklekar.
- The journey of Indian Railway from 1830s to the new high-speed Train 18 and Ambitious Bullet Train Project.
4. General Assembly of Association of World Election Bodies
- Election Commission of India will host 4th General Assembly of Association of World Election Bodies at Bengaluru.
- India will also take over as Association of World Election Bodies’s Chair for the 2019-21 term.
- The Association of World Election Bodies, commonly referred to as ‘A-WEB,’ was established on October 14, 2013 in Song-do, South Korea. A-WEB is the first global organization of election management bodies, and the membership currently consists of 97 organizations from 94 countries.
1. Belgian Grand Prix 2019
- Charles Leclerc of Ferrari has won Belgian Grand Prix 2019 defeating Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes.
- Belgian Grand Prix 2019 is an automobile race, part of the Formula One World Championship. The first national race of Belgium was held in 1925 at the Spa region’s race course
2. 2019 Karnataka Premier League Title
- Hubli Tigers Won 2019 Karnataka Premier League Title defeating Ballari Tuskers.
- Karnataka Premier League (KPL) is an Indian Twenty20 cricket league established by the Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA) in August 2009 and modelled after the Indian Premier League (IPL). As of April 2018, there are 8 teams competing in the league.
3. National Games 2020
- The 36th edition of National Games 2020 will be held in October-November 2020 in Goa.
- The National Games comprises various disciplines in which sportsmen from the different states of India participate against each other.
- The 2015 National Games of India, also known as the 35th National Games of India, was held from 31 January 2015 to 14 February 2015 across seven districts of Kerala, India.
- Services Sports Control Board has topped the charts in 2015 National Games of India.