National Current Affairs
- Anand Kumar of Super 30 wins Mahaveer Award-2019 given by Bhagwan Mahaveer Foundation.
- AP launches YSR Vahana Mitra scheme of Rs 10,000 annual allowance to self-employed drivers of autos, taxis.
Economy & Business Current Affairs
- BSE Sensex: 37673.31 (–433.56), NSE Nifty: 11174.75 (–139.25).
- India’s foreign exchange reserves surge by US$ 5.02 billion to US$ 433.59 billion in the week ended September 27.
- 4th tranche of Bharat-22 exchange traded fund (ETF) targeted to raise Rs. 2000 crore subscribed 12 times.
- AIM (Atal Innovation Mission), NITI Aayog, UNDP India jointly launch Youth Co:Lab to accelerate youth-led social entrepreneurship and innovation in India.
- National Health Authority (NHA), Google tie up to strengthen implementation of Ayushman Bharat health insurance scheme.
- ‘Trans Fat Free’ logo of FSSAI launched at the 8th International Chefs’ Conference in New Delhi.
- IRCTC’s Tejas Express train from Delhi to Lucknow starts.
- Italy’s Benelli launches Leoncino 250 motorcycle with a price tag of Rs 2.50 lakh.
- Tata Motors launches limited edition Tiago Wizz priced at Rs 5.4 lakh.
MONETARY POLICY REVIEW
- The RBI on October 4, 2019 cut repo rate to 5.15% from the current 5.4%.
- Reverse repo rate under liquidity adjustment facility stands reduced to 4.9%.
- Marginal standing facility (MSF) rate and the bank rate stand reduced to 5.4%.
- GDP growth forecast for current financial year 2019-20 lowered to 6.1% from 6.9% earlier..
- Retail inflation projection revised slightly upwards to 3.4% for Q2 of 2019-20.
- All members of the MPC voted to reduce the policy repo rate.
- MPC members: Shaktikanta Das (RBI Governor and MPC head), Chetan Ghate, Pami Dua, Michael Debabrata Patra, Bibhu Prasad Kanungo and Ravindra H. Dholakia.
- RBI hikes lending cap for microfinance institutions to Rs 1.25 lakh, against the earlier limit of Rs 1 lakh, in rural and semi-urban areas.
- Household income limit for borrowers of non-banking financial companies-micro finance institutions (NBFC-MFIs) raised from the current level of Rs 1 lakh for rural areas and Rs 1.60 lakh for urban/semi urban areas to Rs 1.25 lakh and Rs 2 lakh, respectively”.
International Current Affairs
- External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar holds meeting with US National Security Advisor Robert O’Brien in Washington.
- Dutch children’s rights organisation KidsRights awards annual prize to Greta Thunberg and Divina Maloum.
- Farook Khan, Indian-origin journalist in South Africa, dies at 77.
Sports Current Affairs
WORLD ATHLETICS CHAMPIONSHIPS IN DOHA GOLD WINNERS
- Men’s 200 metres: Noah Lyles (USA) in 19.83 sec.
- Men’s 800 metres: Donavan Brazier (USA) in 1 min 42.34 sec.
- Men’s 110 metres hurdles: Grant Holloway (USA) in 13.10 sec.
- Men’s Pole vault: Sam Kendricks (US) 5.97 m.
- Men’s Hammer throw: Paweł Fajdek (Poland) 80.50 m.
- Decathlon: Niklas Kaul (Germany): 8691 points.
- Women’s 200 metres: Dina Asher-Smith (Great Britain) in 21.88 sec.
- Women’s 400 metres: Salwa Eid Naser (Bahrain) in 48.14 sec.
- Women’s Shot put: Gong Lijiao (China) in 19.55 m.
- Women’s Javelin throw: Kelsey-Lee Barber (Australia) 66.56 m.
- Women’s Heptathlon: Katarina Johnson-Thompson (Britain) 6,981 points.