1. Aqua Aquaria India
- Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu has inaugurated the 5th edition of Aqua Aquaria India aquaculture event in Hyderabad.
- Theme: ‘Taking Blue Revolution to India’s Hinterland’.
- Aim: To encourage diversification and intensification of aquaculture in a sustainable manner.
2. WHO Regional Committee for South-East Asia
- The 72nd Session of the WHO Regional Committee for South-East Asia was held in New Delhi.
- It was inaugurated by Minister of Health and Family Welfare Dr Harsh Vardhan.
- Dr Harsh Vardhan was unanimously elected as Chair of 72nd Session of WHO Regional Committee for South-East Asia.
- WHO: Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland || Director general: Tedros Adhanom.
3. Central Board of Film Certification
- Minister for Information & Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar has unveiled the new logo and certificate design of Central Board of Film Certification.
- The Central Board of Film Certification also wrongly known as Censor Board; is a statutory censorship and classification body under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India.
- It is tasked with “regulating the public exhibition of films under the provisions of the Cinematograph Act 1952”.
- Chairman of CBFC: Prasoon Joshi.
4. National Artificial Intelligence Resource Portal
- IIT Kharagpur has collaborated with Amazon Web Services to architect National Artificial Intelligence Resource Portal (NAIRP).
- Aim: To promote learning and development in Artificial Intelligence.
- CEO of Amazon: Jeff Bezos || Established: 5 July 1994.
1. International Day of Charity
- The International Day of Charity is observed annually on 5 September. It was declared by the United Nations General Assembly in 2012.
- September 5 was chosen in order to commemorate the anniversary of the passing away of Mother Teresa of Calcutta,
- Mother Teresa received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979 “for work undertaken in the struggle to overcome poverty and distress, which also constitute a threat to peace.
2. Busan International Film Festival
- The Busan International Film Festival, held annually in Haeundae-gu, Busan, South Korea, is one of the most significant film festivals in Asia.
- Movie ‘Aadhaar’ will have its world premiere at the 24th edition of Busan International Film Festival, South Korea.
- Movie ‘Aadhaar’ revolves around the challenges faced by the protagonist as he’s the first person from the village who enrols for the card.
- Aadhaar is a 2019 Indian Hindi-language dramedy film co-written and directed by Suman Ghosh.
3. Indian Ocean Conference 2019
- The 4th Indian Ocean Conference 2019 was held in Male, Maldives.
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar led the Indian Delegation.
- Theme: ‘Securing the Indian Ocean Region: Traditional and Non-Traditional Challenges’.
4. South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- The 4th edition of South Asian Speakers’ Summit was held in Male, Maldives.
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla led the Indian Delegation.
- It was attended by the senior lawmakers from India, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
1. New MD and CEO of ‘Paytm Money’
- ‘Paytm Money’ has elevated Pravin Jadhav as its Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer.
- Paytm Money is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Paytm’s parent One97 Communications.
- Paytm Money offers direct plans of mutual fund investment schemes.
2. Wipro with ICICI Bank
- Wipro has secured an agreement of $300 million from ICICI Bank to provide a range of services.
- Wipro Limited is an Indian multinational corporation that provides information technology, consulting and business process services. It is headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
- Wipro: CEO: Abidali Neemuchwala || Founder: M.H. Hasham Premji || Owner: Azim Premji
- ICICI Bank Limited is an Indian multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra with its registered office in Vadodara, Gujarat.
- CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi || Headquarters: Mumbai
3. World Gold Council Report
- According to the World Gold Council, India has gold reserves totalling 618.2 tonnes and is at 10th spot in World Gold Council Report.
- 1. USA with 8133.5 tonnes.
- 2. Germany with 3366.8 tonnes.
- 3. IMF with 2451.8 tonnes.
- 4. Italy with 2451.8 tonnes.
- 5. France with 2436.1 tonnes.
4. Reliance Power with Japan’s Energy For a New Era
- Reliance Power has inked a partnership agreement with Japan’s Energy For a New Era (JERA).
- Reliance Power will hold 51% stake, while JERA will hold 49% stake in the Joint Venture.
- They will jointly set up 750-megawatt gas-based power project at Meghnaghat, Bangladesh.
5. New Regulations
- A new provision of 2% TDS on cash withdrawal above ₹1 crore from September 1.
- RBI has extended KYC deadline for mobile wallets by 6 months till February 29, 2020.
1. U-15 SAFF Championship
- India has defeated Nepal to win U-15 SAFF Championship at the Kalyani Stadium in Kalyani, West Bengal.
- The South Asian Football Federation Championship or SAFF Championship, officially called SAFF Suzuki Cup for sponsorship reasons, is the main association football competition of the men’s national football teams governed by the South Asian Football Federation.
2. Nehru Trophy Boat Race
- Nadubhagam Chundan, the snake boat of Pallathuruthy Boat Club, has lifted 67th edition of Nehru Trophy Boat Raceat the Punnamada Lake in Alappuzha in Kerala.
- The Nehru Trophy Boat Tri Race is a popular Vallam Kali held in the Punnamada Lake near Alappuzha, Kerala, India.
- Vallam Kali or Vallamkaliy literally means boat play/game, but can be translated to boat race in English. The most popular event of the race is the competition of Chundan Vallams.