National Current Affairs
- PM Modi holds bilateral talks Bangladesh’s PM Sheikh Hasina in New Delhi.
- Defence Minister approves four-fold hike in monetary aid for battle casualties from Rs. 2 lakh to Rs. 8 lakh.
- CSIR introduces improved formulations for green crackers to reduce pollution hazard.
- The fifth World Parliament of Science, Religion and Philosophy 2019 was organised by MIT World Peace University in Pune from October 3 to 5, 2019.
- ‘Vishwa-Vigyan-Darshanik Award’ given to Prof Dr Vishwanath D Karad for his outstanding contribution to science, spirituality, and philosophy by creating the world’s largest dome dedicated to world peace.
- Dr Karan Singh conferred with Philosopher Saint Dnyaneshwara World Peace Prize 2019.
Economy & Business Current Affairs
- Project for import of LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) from Bangladesh for distribution in the North Eastern states inaugurated.
- 22nd India International Security Expo 2019 organised at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi from October 3 to 5 by PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI) in collaboration with ITPO.
International Current Affairs
- World Teachers’ Day celebrated by UNESCO on October 5 with its theme as ‘Young Teachers: The Future of the Profession’.
Busan International Film Festival (BIFF)
- 24th Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) being organised in Busan, South Korea from October 3 to 12.
- Tannishtha Chatterjee wins Asia Star Award for her directorial debut ‘Roam Rome Mein’
- Bhumi Pednekar wins Face of Asia award.
Sports Current Affairs
- Niki Poonacha (men’s) and Sowjanya Bavisetti (women’s) win singles titles at Fenesta Open National Tennis Championship in New Delhi.
WORLD ATHLETICS CHAMPIONSHIPS IN DOHA GOLD WINNERS
- In women’s 400 metre hurdles, Dalilah Muhammad (US) wins gold in 52.16 seconds and improves her own world record.
- In men’s 400 metres, Steven Gardiner of Bahamas wins gold in 43.48 seconds.
- In men’s 20 km walk, Japan’s Toshikazu Yamanishi wins gold in 1 hour 26 minutes 34 seconds.