1. India’s Tallest ATC Tower
- Indira Gandhi International Airport of Delhi gets India’s tallest ATC tower.
- It was inaugurated by Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri.
2. AB-MGRSBY Health Insurance Scheme
- Rajasthan Government has launched a new health insurance scheme Ayushman Bharat-Mahatma Gandhi Rajasthan Swasthya Bima Yojna (AB-MGRSBY) from September 1.
- Rajasthan: Chief minister: Ashok Gehlot
- Kalraj Mishra is the governor designate of Rajasthan since 1 September 2019.
3. Swachh Iconic Places
- Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine in Jammu and Kashmir has been awarded as ‘Best Swachh Iconic place’ in the ‘Swachh Iconic Places’.
- President Kovind will confer the award to Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board.
- The list released by the Ministry of Jal Shakti, Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation.
4. Pradhan Mantri Laghu Vyapari Maandhan Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Laghu Vyapari Maandhan Yojana is an extension of the PM Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan Yojana.
- PM Modi will launch the Pradhan Mantri Laghu Vyapari Maandhan Yojana.
- A monthly pension of Rs 3000 after the age of 60 for traders.
5. Namaste Pacific Event
- ‘Namaste Pacific’ Cultural Event showcase culture of Pacific countries such as Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and Fiji in India, was held in New Delhi.
- ‘Namaste Pacific’ Cultural Event was jointly organized by High Commissions of Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, and Fiji.
1. Global Fund for AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFTAM)
- India will make a contribution of USD 22 million to Global Fund for AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFTAM) for 2020-22.
- Global Fund for AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFTAM) is an international financing and partnership organization that aims to “attract, leverage and invest additional resources to end the epidemics of HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria to support attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals established by the United Nations
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland || Founded: 28 January 2002
- Focus: Accelerating the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics
- Key person: Peter Sands
- Founders: Melinda Gates, Bill Gates, Kofi Annan, Jeffrey Sachs, Amir Attaran
2. Global Liveability Index 2019
- 1. Vienna of Austria
- 2. Melbourne of Australia
- 3. Sydney of Australia
- Global Liveability Index for 2019 is released by Economist Intelligence Unit.
- Delhi is ranked at 118.
- Mumbai is ranked at 119.
- The Economist Intelligence Unit is a British business within the Economist Group providing forecasting and advisory services through research and analysis, such as monthly country reports, five-year country economic forecasts, country risk service reports, and industry reports.
- Headquarters location: London, United Kingdom || Parent organization: Economist Group || Founded: 1946
3. High Commissioner of India to Lesotho
- Jaideep Sarkar has been appointed as next High Commissioner of India to Lesotho.
- Capital of Lesotho: Maseru || Currencies of Lesotho: South African rand, Lesotho loti.
4. ‘Lamp of Peace of Saint Francis’ Award
- Muhammad Yunus from Bangladesh was conferred the ‘Lamp of Peace of Saint Francis’ award by the Vatican.
- Muhammad Yunus is a Bangladeshi social entrepreneur, banker, economist, and civil society leader who was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for founding the Grameen Bank and pioneering the concepts of microcredit and microfinance.
1. US Federal Trade fines YouTube
- Federal Trade Commission of USA has fined YouTube with $170 million.
- It was to settle allegations of collecting personal information about children.
- The Federal Trade Commission is an independent agency of the United States government, established in 1914 by the Federal Trade Commission Act.
2. CRISIL revises India’s GDP Growth
- CRISIL has revised India’s GDP Growth Rate for 2020 to 6.3% from 6.9%.
- CRISIL is a global analytical company providing ratings, research, and risk and policy advisory services. CRISIL’s majority shareholder is Standard & Poor’s, a division of McGraw Hill Financial and provider of financial market intelligence.
- CEO: Ashu Suyash || Headquarters: Mumbai.
- Parent organization: Standard & Poor’s International.
3. ESIC with SBI
- Employees’ State Insurance Corporation has signed an MoU with SBI for direct transfer of benefits electronically into bank accounts of all stakeholders.
- Employees’ State Insurance is a self-financing social security and health insurance scheme for Indian workers. The fund is managed by the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation according to rules and regulations stipulated in the ESI Act 1948.
- Director-General of ESIC: Rajkumar.
4. National Conference on Cyber Crime Investigation and Cyber Forensics
- First National Conference on Cyber Crime Investigation and Cyber Forensics of CBI was inaugurated in New Delhi.
- Aim: To discuss challenges related to cybercrime and ways to find solutions.
- Director of Central Bureau of Investigation: Rishi Kumar Shukla.
1. 2022 FIFA World Cup logo
- Qatar has unveiled the logo for the FIFA 2022 World Cup.
- The 2022 FIFA World Cup is scheduled to be the 22nd edition of the FIFA World Cup, the quadrennial international men’s association football championship contested by the national teams of the member associations of FIFA.
2. Pakistan’s New Head Coach and Chief Selector
- Misbah-ul-Haq has been appointed as Head Coach and Chief Selector of Pakistan’s cricket team.
- Waqar Younis will join as the team’s new bowling coach.