7 October Current Affairs Today News Headlines-
- NC team meets Farooq, Omar for first time since detention.
- The only Indian in the largest ever Arctic expedition-Vishnu Nandan, a native of Kerala, will be part of the study of Arctic climate .
- Onion prices in Delhi have dropped below the rs.60 a kg mark in the retail market for the first time in two weeks as the Centre’s measures, imposing stock limits and banning exports, took
effect, cooling off the prices in most parts of the country.
- Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, who is scheduled to speak at the C40 Cities Climate Summit in Copenhagen, between October 912, is yet to receive clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) to travel abroad, Delhi government sources claimed.
- Arunachal Pradesh Governor Brig. (Retd.) B.D. Mishra on Sunday called on Union Minister Jitendra
Singh and discussed with him a wide range of issues pertaining to the State, particularly a separate cadre for all India service officers.
- As the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) goes all out to win the October 21 Assembly polls, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is expected to address his first rally towards the end of the campaigning in Satara, western Maharashtra, on October 17.
- The Supreme Court will on Monday hear a plea against felling of 2,646 trees at the Aarey colony by the Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MMRCL) to make way for a Metro car shed.
- Dhaka will go by the assurances given by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and not the public statements by other Indian leaders, on the National Register of Citizens (NRC) issue, said a senior Bangladesh government official.
- Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena has decided not to stand for reelection in the November election as the politically influential Rajapakse family has nominated two candidates by final registration on Sunday.
- Destructive Shami, wily Jadeja send South Africa to its doom-Ashwin becomes joint fastest to 350 Test wickets; record for most sixes in a match breached.
- Nia Ali of the United States stormed to victory in the 100m hurdles, in a personal best time of 12.34sec at the Khalifa Stadium here on Sunday, even as world record holder Keni Harrison’s wait
for a major title continued.
- Manchester City’s bid to win a third successive Premier League title suffered a huge setback as the champion crashed to a shock 20 defeat against Wolves on Sunday.
- In front of a crowd of close to 18,000 at the Lalbhai Contractor Stadium on Friday night, Harmanpreet Kaur accomplished a feat no Indian cricketer (male or female) has — a 100th Twenty20 International.
- Former champion L. Sarita Devi (60kg) was on Sunday knocked out of the World women’s boxing championships by Russia’s Natalia Shadrina on a disappointing day for India. The fourth
seed, who got a first round bye, frittered away a strong start to lose 5-0.
- Sumit Nagal lost 64, 61 to Juan Pablo Ficovich of Argentina in the semi-finals of the $54,160 Challenger tennis tournament here.
- World No. 1 Novak Djokovic won the Japan Open title on Sunday crushing Australian qualifier John Millman 63, 62, to mark his 10th win in a tournament main draw debut in his celebrated career, which includes 16 Grand Slams.