1. First batch of women soldiers in Indian Army
- Indian Army has announced that the first batch of 100 women soldiers in the Army will be commissioned by March 2021.
- The Indian Army is the land-based branch and the largest component of the Indian Armed Forces. The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Army, and it is commanded by the Chief of Army Staff, who is a four-star general.
- Chief of the Army Staff: General Bipin Rawat.
2. New Books: LoktantraKeSwar || The Republican Ethic
- Vice President Venkaiah Naidu has released 2nd editions of ‘LoktantraKeSwar’ and ‘The Republican Ethic’ in New Delhi.
- Venkaiah Naidu is an Indian politician and the current Vice President of India and the Chairman of the Rajya Sabha, in office since 11 August 2017. Previously, he served as the Minister of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation, Urban Development and Information and Broadcasting in the Modi Cabinet.
3. Jai Bheem Mukhyamantri Yojana
- Delhi Government has decided to include OBCs and UR students in its ‘Jai Bheem Mukhyamantri Yojana’
- Financial assistance from Rs 40,000 to Rs 1 lakh for coaching for various competitive exams.
4. National Disaster Response Force with Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan
- Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan will prepare Block Level Disaster Response Teams in collaboration with NDRF.
- The National Disaster Response Force is a specialised force constituted “for the purpose of specialist response to a threatening disaster situation or disaster” under the Disaster Management Act, 2005. The “Apex Body for Disaster Management” in India is the National Disaster Management Authority.
- NDRF Head: SN Pradhan, IPS, Director General.
- Minister of State of Youth Affairs and Sports: Kiren Rijiju.
5. Kochi Water Metro
- Kochi Water Metro is the first water transport system of its kind in India.
- Kochi Water Metro project will become operational by March 2020.
1. Exercise YudhAbhyas 2019
- YudhAbhyas–2019 is the joint military training exercise between India and United States will start at Joint Base Lewis Mc Chord in Washington.
- The U.S. is a country of 50 states covering a vast swath of North America, with Alaska in the northwest and Hawaii extending the nation’s presence into the Pacific Ocean.
2. Eastern Economic Forum
- The 5th Eastern Economic Forum was held in Vladivostok, Russia.
- Eastern Economic Forum is an international forum held each year in Vladivostok, Russia, for the purpose of encouraging foreign investment in the Russian Far East.
- ‘India Lounge’ Pavilion will serve as a platform to attract investment opportunities in the Far Eastern of Russia to promote Indian investments in the region.
3. World Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index 2019
- 1. Spain
- 2. France
- 3. Germany
- India is ranked at 34th spot in World Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Index 2019 by World Economic Forum.
- The World Economic Forum, based in Cologny-Geneva, Switzerland, was founded in 1971 as a not-for-profit organization. It was granted “other international body” status in January 2015 by the Swiss Federal Government under the Swiss Host-State Act.
- Headquarters: Cologny, Switzerland || Founder: Klaus Schwab || Founded: January 1971 || Motto: Committed to improving the state of the world || Leader: Klaus Schwab
1. Linking of lending rate to external interest rate benchmark
- RBI has made mandatory for banks to link retail and MSME loans to external interest rate benchmarks from the 1st of October.
- Banks have been allowed to choose any benchmark market interest rate published by Financial Benchmarks India Private Ltd.
- Governor of RBI: Shaktikant Das || Headquarters: Mumbai || Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata.
2. New Development Bank with Andhra Pradesh Government
- New Development Bank will provide a loan of Rs 6000 crore to Andhra Pradesh Government for various social infrastructure projects.
- The New Development Bank, formerly referred to as the BRICS Development Bank, is a multilateral development bank established by the BRICS states. According to the Agreement on the NDB, “the Bank shall support public or private projects through loans, guarantees, equity participation and other financial instruments.”
- Headquarters location: Shanghai, China || President: K. V. Kamath || Founder: BRICS
3. DigiSmart Credit Card
- Standard Chartered Bank has launched ‘DigiSmart Credit Card’ which focuses primarily on the millennials.
- Monthly fee of Rs 49 which can be waived off if the spends of the customer are Rs 5000 or more in the previous month.
- Standard Chartered PLC is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London, England.
- CEO: Bill Winters || Headquarters location: London, United Kingdom
4. India-New Development Bank Workshop
- A joint India- New Development Bank workshop was held in New Delhi.
- Aim: To enhance the NDB’s engagement with the India’s private and public sector.
- NDB is the first Multilateral Development Bank established by developing countries and emerging economies: Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
5. Capital infusion into IDBI Bank
- Cabinet has approved a capital infusion of Rs 4,557 crore into IDBI Bank.
- It will be done through recapitalisation bonds under which the government will infuse the capital into the bank.
- IDBI Bank Headquarters: Mumbai || MD and CEO: Rakesh Sharma.
1. Rohit4Rhinos campaign
- Cricketer Rohit Sharma has launched Rohit4Rhinos campaign to save Rhinos in India.
- Rohit4Rhinos campaign is in partnership with WWF India and Animal Planet.
- The need to conserve the Greater One-Horned Rhinoceros or the Indian Rhino.
2. Hamilton Masakadza retires
- Zimbabwe captain Hamilton Masakadza has announced his retirement from international cricket.
- Zimbabwe: President: Emmerson Mnangagwa || Capital: Harare
3. Mithali Raj retires from T20 Cricket
- Cricketer Mithali Raj has announced her retirement from International T-20 Cricket.
- Mithali Dorai Raj is an Indian cricketer and the captain of the Indian women’s cricket team in Tests and ODI.