Science is now become the main part of comptative exams of SSC and RRB. Here is a List of Diseases caused by Virus, Bacteria, Protozoa and Worm.
caused by Viruses:
1. Chicken pox – It is caused by Varicella-zoster virus.
2. Small Pox – It is caused by Variola virus.
3. Common Cold -It is caused by Rhinovirus.
4. AIDS (Acquired Immunono Deficiency Syndrome) – It is caused by Human
Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).
5. Measles -It is caused by Measles virus.
6. Mumps -It is caused by Mumps virus.
7. Rabies – It is caused by Rabies virus (Rhabdoviridae family).
8. Dengue fever -It is caused by Dengue virus.
9. Viral encephalitis – It is an inflammation of the brain. It is caused by rabies
virus, Herpes simplex, polio virus, measles virus, and JC virus.
Disease caused by Bacteria:
1. Whooping Cough – It is caused by a bacterium called Borde tella pertussis.
2. Diphtheria – It is caused by Coryne bacterium diphtheriae.
3. Cholera – It is caused by Vibrio cholerae.
4. Leprosy – It is caused by Mycobacterium leprae.
5. Pneumonia- It is caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae.
6. Tetanus – It is caused by Clostridium tetani.
7. Typhoid – It is caused by Salmonella typhi.
8. Tuberculosis – It is caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
9. Plague – It is caused by Yersinia pestis.
Disease Caused by Protozoans:
1. Malaria It is spread by Anopheles mosquitoes. The Plasmodium parasite that
causes malaria is neither a virus nor a bacteria
2. Amoebic dysentery: It is caused by Entamoebahistolytica.
3. Sleeping sickness: It is caused by Trypanosomabrucei.
4. Kala azar It is caused by Leishmaniadonovani.
Disease Caused by Worms
1. Tapeworm: They are intestinal parasites. It cannot live on its own. It survives
within the intestine of an animal including human.
2. Filariasis: It is caused by thread.
3. Pinworm: It is caused by small, thin, white roundworm called